The OWI WA 2019 agenda has been developed through carefully analysing hours of in depth research discussions with over 40 West African and global industry experts. We have developed an astute programme which entails the latest well intervention case studies and technologies.The result is an agenda focused on the most critical themes shaping the offshore West African well intervention market.
OWI WA 2019 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Section 1: Exclusive Market Overview
Access a forecast of market activity In West Africa for 2019-2020 with a specific focus on subsea well intervention.
Mordecai Ladan, Director, Department of Petroleum Resources
Section 2: Rigless Light Well Intervention
Speed, Operational Flexibility, and Risk – A Comparison of Rig-Based and Rigless Intervention Options in Deepwater
- Traditional deepwater subsea well interventions have utilized MODUs with open water, high pressure intervention riser systems to access the wellbore.
- Technological advancements have made rigless hydraulic and mechanical intervention techniques viable in deepwater subsea wells, offering personnel safety advantages, quicker turnaround times and lower costs at the expense of reduced downhole operational capability and flexibility.
- Gaps between rigless and rig-based intervention techniques are closing quickly, but several technological hurdles remain.
Angola Multifield Deepwater Riserless Mechanical Intervention Campaign – Greater Plutonio and PSVM
- BP completed a 9-well riserless mechanical intervention campaign across two fields, Greater Plutonio and PSVM, the first riserless interventions performed in Angola and the first deepwater riserless interventions executed by BP globally
- Less than 7 months from project sanction to beginning offshore operations, including engineering, equipment assurance, mobilization and integration testing.
- Equipment choice and planning optimized for efficient well access on subsea equipment from multiple OEMs while performing a variety of downhole operations on slickline and wireline, including FIV milling, water shut off, perforation, and PLT.
Nigeria’s First Deepwater Riserless Well Intervention Campaign
- Examine the success us using RLWI for the deployment of storm-choke assembly to replace failed SCSSV. A through-tubing deliverable exercise.
- Compare results of rig versus vessel-based workover operations in the same field.
- Advantages of using single package RLWI for a quick revenue recovery approach versus rig based.
Improving Production from Mature Fields and Marginal Sands using the Rigless Cement Packer Technique
- Cement packers offer a cost-effective way of developing “behind-pipe” opportunities which previously could not be developed due to the unfavourable cost of a Major Rig Workover.
- The idea is to maximize value from oil and gas assets by returning previously inactive wellbores to production.
- Case studies demonstrating the use of this technique and the attendant results will be presented.
RLWI Case History: 9-Wells RLWI Campaign in West Africa
- Review the detailed scope of work performed in this multi-well campaign.
- Assess the efficiency gains that can be achieved by a fully integrated RLWI system, looking at total campaign duration, average time per well and average time per run.
- Discuss how overall project cost is a combination of day rate and efficiency
- Review the overall campaign achievements and lessons learnt from this Project.
Rigless Well Intervention Performed on the Dina Star in 2017 & Polar Onyx in 2018
- Highlights of the main challenges encountered during the two campaigns.
- The results of the campaigns.
- Opportunities and challenges for joint campaigns with other operators in Ghana.
Section 3: Well Integrity Challenges
Get Access to a Joint Venture Case Study that Reviews Brownfield Well Integrity Management Strategies, Challenges and Solutions
- Share the surface and downhole well integrity management strategies deployed within the Joint Venture Area with individual case studies addressing challenges being faced by such brown fields.
- Demonstrate the value of a robust well integrity management and surveillance database for adequate well integrity condition monitoring.
- Demonstrate how application of lessons learned and best practice from the JV well integrity management can offer a proactive well integrity plan for greenfield development.
Open Water E-line Milling of Subsea Barrier Valve in Deepwater Angola
- The most widely used method for opening a failed subsea barrier valve is coiled tubing shifting or milling.
- Coiled tubing requires a timely rig up and can be quite costly; not to mention technology to use coiled tubing from an LWIV has not yet been developed.
- The use of e-line milling equipment allowed for performing the operation via LWIV and substantial cost savings. This has also changed BP Angola’s approach for shifting and milling operations during the original well completion in the event of valve failure.
Wireline Interventions and Fishing
- Fishing requirements during interventions operations, and conveyance service offerings.
- Job design and preparation including mechanical, milling and clean-out solutions and fishing BHA options.
- Fishing operations case histories, demonstrating without constraints the capabilities, over conventional options.
Single Trip Tubing Conveyed Perforations and Completion Across Multi-Lobed Deferentially Depleted Reservoir
- Successful planning and execution of the perforation of a total of 280ft oil column spread unevenly across multiple deferentially depleted reservoir units in a highly deviated (62 deg.) well in one trip.
- Successful planning and execution of a one trip system of completion to isolate all perforated zone and ensure well integrity across the hydrocarbon bearing sands
- Advantages of safely collapsing multiple conventional perforation runs into a single trip with its attendant benefits on cost efficiency, crossflow and well control.
Discover the Latest Reservoir Management Techniques used During a 3 Platform Wireline Campaign
- Detailed analysis on 2 wireline campaigns.
- The priorities of the campaigns were: safe operations, acquire reservoir data Production logs (PLT) & Pressure Build-ups (PBU’s), production reliability by isolating water with Cast Iron Bridge Plugs (CIBP’s) and increase production rate through perforations.
- The reservoir data gathered from both campaigns was used to optimize management of the wellbores.
Water Shut Offs in Openhole Gravel Pack Wells – Deepwater Angola
- Achieving water shut-off in gravel packed wells is challenging; particularly with regards to placing a mechanical barrier to flow in the gravel pack annulus.
- Through tubing plugs have been proven effective with choking water flow, but this is limited due to the permeable flow path in the gravel pack annulus.
- The liquid metal plug concept has been proven to provide the best available choking effect to the water in the annulus. These plugs combined with through tubing plugs can result in a substantial reduction in water cut.
Section 4: Production Enhancement
Disruptive Technology in Sand Control
- Erosion, Corrosion, higher temperatures, are becoming more and more concern towards selection of downhole sand control. Due to the technical constraints of existing conventional sand control, industry is looking into alternative technologies and material selection.
- 3M Ceramic Sand screens reduce the key risks associated with current sand control methods: failure through erosion.
- Case studies of advanced ceramic screen technology will show that ensuring productivity is at least as important as maintaining sand at sand face.
Application of EOR Techniques in Angolan Mature Oilfields
- Review the application of EOR in Angola that is critical in extracting the remaining oil left beyond the conventional oil recovery.
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of EOR techniques in new brown fields.
- Learn the latest EOR techniques including Artificial intelligence based on the Neuro-Fuzzy approach.
Solving Customer Problems by Innovating New and Evolving Proven Technologies
- Manufacturing and process improvements: new technology—turn/mill machines, less operator interaction, flexible (part/size/operations) faster, smaller footprint.
- Engineering, testing, and validation of two case studies: 1. One Trip Cut and Pull Solution for Failed Production Packers 2. Improved Cementing for the Purpose of Well Abandonment.
- Evolving proven technologies.
Exploring the Opportunities to Increase Production
- Interwell’s straddle and plug solutions are providing operators with cost effective methods of increasing production without having to carry out expensive well workovers.
- Understand how Interwell’s engineering expertise in High Expansion bridge plug technology has allowed them to develop bespoke straddle solutions capable of passing through the tightest of well restrictions.
- Hear how through close collaboration with other service providers, Interwell have delivered solutions to overcome a wide variety of challenges faced by operators.
Field Proven Flow Intervention Services (FIS) System for Hydraulic Intervention
- Multi-well deepwater campaigns completed delivering enhanced production & increased operational efficiency
- Modular system configurable to a range of operating criteria and subsea interfaces.
- Introduction to second generation FIS system, aligned with emerging API 17G2 standards.
- Life of field flexibility for production optimisation via patented flow access module (FAM) technology.
Gain the Operators View of New Wireline Technology for Stimulation Applications and Access the Results from the Latest Field Trails.
Ifeanyi Ugbor, Shell Nigeria
Section 5: Vessels
Planning Considerations to Effectively and Efficiently Package Light Well Intervention Systems on a Vessel of Opportunity in West Africa
- Explore the flexibility of a multi-purpose support vessel (MPSV) to deploy multi-faceted mechanical intervention packages.
- Optimization of deck space to enhance safety and efficiency of operations with multiple downline schemes.
- Significant benefits and enhanced operational efficiency of a bespoke pressure control head (PCH) design.
Rigless Light Well Intervention & "Life of Field" Vessel
- Examine recent well intervention program and learn how operators could potentially benefit from having this capability currently in the region.
- See how riserless well intervention can be used for water shutoff operations as a more cost effective solution.
- Look at the advantages of contracting a "Life of Field" vessel as opposed to a dedicated vessel for Hydraulic and Mechanical Well Interventions as well as Inspection Maintenance & Repair operations.
Panel Discussion: Multi Operator Field Campaigns
A Panel Discussion which Examines how Multi Operator Vessel Campaigns Could Work in West Africa
(BP Angola, Exxon Mobil, TIOS plus more).
Section 6: Tackling Logistics and Supply Chain Challenges
Understand the Challenges to Logistics in XXI Century and What Needs to be Done to Improve the Situation in West Africa
- Implementation of lean management in logistical companies.
- Understand how the use of new technologies can improve your logistical systems.
- Learn how to successfully manage employee competencies to improve logistical development of people within the industry.
Panel Discussion: Logistics and Supply Chain
- Hear regulators, operators and well service companies analysing the current logistical and supply chain challenges and how they could be remedied
OWI wa 2018 TESTIMONIALS
“The conference was well organised and well attended with a good range of topics being discussed”.”
Senior Subsea Systems Engineer, Shell Nigeria
“A very rewarding experience, interesting case studies and excellent insight on existing and developing technologies
Offshore Projects Logistics Support